Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas – and are already looking forward to the next celebration: New Year’s Eve!
It’s been many a year since we headed out on 31st December to pay extortionate prices to get into a club, and then struggle to get a taxi home. Now our New Year’s Eves are all about celebrating with friends and family at home, and enjoying a festive treat or two. Without having to get cold waiting for a taxi, or stressing about whether you’ll actually be able to get close enough to the bar to order a drink given the queues.
So, if you’re celebrating with your nearest and dearest what do we recommend this year, so you can toast the new year in style?
· Fizz it up - Champagne and Prosecco are always going to go down well, and we have a wide selection to suit all tastes and wallets. What we do also have, to make any glass of fizz extra special, is the wonderful Popaballs Rose Gold Shimmer. Simply add a third of a teaspoon to Prosecco or any sparkling drink and watch it become a swirling, glittering shimmering glass of glam – with a subtle raspberry flavour. Looks stunning and tastes good too!
· Shaken or stirred – cocktails are always going to be popular! We sell a wide selection of all the base spirits you need to make your favourite mixes. Or if you want to make it super straightforward we have the wonderful Ice & Easy frozen cocktails, including frozen rose and mojito. Just freeze, squeeze and serve – just remember they’re alcoholic as they’re so easy to drink!
· The year of gin – 2017 was all about the gin, and we’re sure 2018 will continue to be the same! So, what better way to bridge the years than by enjoying a glass of your favourite with a splash of Fevertree tonic? Whether you’re a fan of Sloe Gin, pink gin, Lavender gin, Yorkshire Tea gin or just gin gin, we’ve got it all. And we’re happy to talk to you about it at great length!
· Wish you were beer – Sometimes you can’t beat a beer. Or a cider. Or an ale. But we love the beers from our town’s very own local microbrewery, the Helmsley Brewing Co. Helmsley Honey or Striding the Riding?
· Drinks for Des – if you’ve got some designated drivers coming along, or someone who doesn’t drink, we have some great non-alcoholic tipples to make a change from the usual juices and fizzy pop. Seedlip is the world’s first non alcoholic spirit, copper pot distilled, and tastes great with tonic. Belvoir’s Shiraz without the Hangover, made with grapes, elderberry and blackberry is delicious, and there’s also Chardonnay and Rose versions. Sparkling Elderberry is something else we’ve taken quite a shine to! And all of them guaranteed to leave your head clear and pain free come January 1st.