Here at Hunters we’re not afraid to ask the big questions. And one which has been on our mind lately is…. can a sandwich predict the outcome of the General Election?
Well we’re about to find out!
With recent polls failing to predict everything from Brexit to the future president of the United States (who would have guessed how that would pan out?), we decided to conduct our own research into the upcoming general election.
So, next time you pop in for a bite to eat for lunch, you’ve got a serious choice ahead of you. We’ve introduced a range of sandwiches, with one representing each of the main political parties:
· Conservatives – The Blue Bloomer, jam-packed with rare topside of beef, Harrogate Blue Cheese and Sloemotion Blackberry Ketchup
· Labour – The Red Roll - a tangy mix of Wensleydale with Cranberries, sweet chilli jam and juicy tomatoes.
· Liberal Democrats – The Democratic Doorstop – a mouthwatering mix of pastrami, sauerkraut, mustard and Gruyere
· Green Party – The Green Gourmet - a fresh and filling combination of Villa Verde Gouda with Pesto, salad and green olives
· UKIP – Pain au Purple – deep-filled with Smoked Applewood cheese, roasted ham and sliced pickled beetroot
As with all of our sandwiches, they are freshly made to order in store on a choice of white or wholemeal bread bun – and as always, about as deeply filled as you can get! (Sharing is a common scenario with our sandwiches, so it’s to be hoped your lunch buddy has the same political tastes as you). Prices range from £3.50 to £4.50.
We can easily sell several hundred sandwiches in a week, so it should give us a good idea of the region’s leanings.
Most exit polls seem to have gotten it quite wrong recently, and it’s getting trickier for anyone to predict how voting on any subject will go. So, we hope you’ll join in with our bit of fun to see which political party is leading the hearts, minds (and stomachs) of the public before the big day!